Monday, July 27, 2009

The Dog Days Are Upon Us

-Right after the MLB All-Star Game, before the start of NFL Training Camp, these are what we in the biz commonly refer to as the 'Dog Days of Sports'.

I can't tell you how much I hate these days. Like Lindsey Lohan hates rehab. Like Matthew McConaughey hates Right Guard. It's terrible, nothing really to write about, nothing going on to write about, nothing to even think to write about.

So it's hard to even find the want inside me to blog, but I believe that adversity proves character, rather than defines it, so the best thing to do it talke about the problem.

It's the time of the year that makes you try and do other things. I'm an avid fisher (by hobby) and golfer (by trade), but those can only take me so far. So what now? Knitting, no (not great with sharp things, it's hereditary). Reading, maybe (Does ESPN.com count?). Henna tats? Not that much of a hippie.

So tell me folks, what do you do during the Dog Days? And keep your minds out of the gutter, I like to think of this and a PG-13 show.

1 comment:

  1. Dog days ??? What about The Open, The Brickyard, MLB Trade deadline, and Media days ??

    ReplyDelete